Information in Search Engines-Search results are taken from a source: often, but not always, a web page. You need to know the source of that content, and who controls that resource, in order to block or remove it.
Here are examples of pages that you control:
- Your Blogger pages
- A website that you own (for example, Tornaritis owns www.tornaritislaw.com )
- A Wix or WordPress site that you run
Search My Business entry that you created for your company
- Your own social media profile on Twitter or Facebook
Here are examples of pages that you probably don’t control:
- A story about you on a newspaper website
- An entry in someone else’s blog (even if it’s artwork or a picture that you made, you don’t control the page it lives in)
- A Pinterest page that has pinned a photo that you took, or a photo of you
- A Wikipedia article about you
- Someone else’s social media profile on Twitter or Facebook.
back to knowledgebase